What are Keywords?
Any Keyword serves a goal in helping you to find the customers who are searching for a product and with the right keywords, they will land on your site.
Is the basic SEO for a website old and out of date or are Keywords important for SEO and relevant for any website owner? This question came up today when I came back from a meeting with my friends.
A great start of my Day to be surprised.
So here I am coming back from this general get together meeting we have each month, and I am still a bit puzzled about the fact, that my friends think Keywords are out of date.
We are 8 friends. Some of them are bloggers for a magazine, and some of them work for a news and advertising agency.
Today was a bit different because one of my friends has a private Affiliate Blog as a second business and she complained that since 3 months her ranking dropped and she has lost a 1/3 of her visitors to her website. ( there was a simple solution to that read to the end)
I ask her if she changed her keyword tool or did she change keywords and she looked at me as I am coming from the moon. She really asks me if I am serious?
Of course, I am serious as Keywords are essential for SEO.
To my surprise 4 of the other Friends agreed with my friend. I looked a bit puzzled and surprised as I believe that all Websites should have Basic Search Engine Optimization done. It starts already when you set up your site. Am I wrong all these years?
Search Engines become much smarter and recognise if you do Keyword stuffing.
Yes, it is true that the search engine and the digital world has come a long way. It has been more than 15 years in simply using keywords on a website or article.
That was at these times the only way for Search engines to understand what your site or article is about.
I agree with my friend that Search Engines have become much smarter, but never less Google and Bing use hundreds of signals to decipher and rank your site.
Yes, they factor in your comments and what people say about your site. As I see it, the content will be put in a graph like the method of topics and Google and Bing perform all kinds of semantic analysis.
Keywords are still a part of the foundation of the Search engines? As this is a basic how the search engine understands your website.
Why are Keywords important to SEO and to any Website?
Basic Settings everyone should have done for their site.
If they want to be found on Google, Bing, Yahoo, and all the other smaller search engine.
When setting up a blog and creating lots of content for an Affiliate Blog, you should follow a few basic rules use the basic settings for your Website.
Some Affiliates just set up a Site without the basic knowledge of SEO. Then they are wondering why no one is visiting their site, or fail in business.
A proper set up for a website is the same important as you would set up a physical business. When you start a physical Business you have to have a few basic steps in place to be able to operate efficiently.
SEO is still an essential task for Website Owners. It starts with your Website or Blog.
- Indexed by search engine: Make sure your settings allow the search engines like google, bing, yahoo, ask.com, etc. index you. Inside of your dashboard you have the option to set it to Privacy and no index for your blog.
- Title and Tagline: Give your site a title and a tagline. Best with a Keyword from your niche. You can use a random keyword or use a keyword tool to check what people searching for in your niche. Filling this spot with relevant keywords that tell people what your site is all about. Under the Settings tab again, you want to go into the General section. Here it says Site Title and Tag Line.
- Ping your content: You want to let search engines know that there is new content. Go to writing category under settings scroll down to update service. Find good ping services and enter there URL in there. It helps other sites to know that you have new content. ( this is optional and up to you) I use the free version of pingler.com
- Categorise your blog: Important for any website is categorise your blogs and deliver a good navigation system. When a visitor lands on your site, you want it to be sticky. Sticky means they stay around for a while, not clicking out after they read one blog post. ( Bounce rate)
- Good Navigation: A good navigation is essential and a list of categories and recent or popular post in your sidebar (easily done with widgets), let your visitors know there is more good content on your side.
- Permalinks: Again go to the settings section in your dashboard. Click on Permalinks. This option should be posted name. What this means is that after your domain and the word blog with URL will have the name of the post. Like this https:// your domain.com/blog/keyword-relevant-blog –title.
- Keywords: Use both broad and long tail keywords in your post and pages. There are always affiliates who do not understand the meaning of broad and long tail keywords, and they try to rank for the most general keyword in their niche. Like “health or diet” Yes, it is easier to rank in search engines when you use a long tail keyword, but you should check the competition of that long tail keyword with a proper keyword tool. Like Jaaxy the free keyword tool.
- Long Tail Keyword Phrase: that would be something like “ the best diet after pregnancy” It happens all the time that over time when your Authority is rising you will also rank for the broad keyword like diet.
- Sitemap: This is important. Submit your sitemap to google. You can do with the google sitemap plugin or through an SEO Optimizing software on your sites like All in one SEO or Yoast. Otherwise, you have to do it manually create the site map that helps to guide the robots and spiders around your domain.
- SEO Optimizer plugins: will give your blog a boost. There are different plugins available, and the most common are All in one SEO and Yoast. Those plugins will help you to maximise your blog post on autopilot. Do some research I use All in one SEO and on another site I use Squirrly. Both work well. Consider your needs and choose one.
For the free keyword tool, I use Jaaxy Pro now. Before when I started, I used Jaaxy the free version as it is an excellent Keyword research tool with detail for the keywords and long tail keywords also called the low hanging fruits.
A Few Features that make the Keyword Tool Jaaxy unique.
Jaaxy is collecting search data from the three major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. It displays it in a simple manner. Easy to read and understand without all this technical riddle language.
A lot of Keyword tools use too much technical jargon and most of the time you do not understand the meaning and for what you need all this.
The Google Keyword Planner is a tool that is mainly used for people who use Adwords for advertising. I still use keyword planner to get an idea what people are searching for, You can also use Google Trends for your search.
For me, Jaaxy the keyword search tool is easy to use and to understand. Try it out below it is free.
Understand the General Terms from the Jaaxy Keyword search tool.
A phrase what people type into the search engines like google, bing, ask.com to find what they are looking for.
The average number of searches the keyword receives per month.
Visits to your website when you achieve first-page ranking on search engines.
Quoting search result: The number of competing websites ranked on google for this exact keyword.
Keyword Quality Indicator. Green is great, yellow is ok, and red is poor.
A score based on traffic and competition the higher the score, the more likely you will rank for that keyword on the first page ( scale 1-100 the higher, the better)
SEO and Keywords for your Website so what is the Happy End.
My other 3 friends did not agree with me, and in the end, my oldest friend agreed with me. So we have been 2 against 6. What is ok and I agree with their reasoning.
Two of my friends do both paying for advertisement and using social media. They use Keywords for advertising.
My other four friends using social media with their networking and social groups. It seems that all is working for one or the other.
I was allowed to look at the website of my friend (where the stats went down,) and I figured out that somehow she made in every post she ticked the no index box and the no follow box.
I ask her for a reason, and she was not aware of it. But she also said that she fired one of her VA because she was getting too lazy and was writing blogs below average.
So we both guess the VA thought she get back at her in putting the no-index on.
For me, this is low as you can hurt a business with that.
All is fine now, and my friend is still not convinced that keywords are essential to any website and blog.
In today’s world, I quote one of my friends there are many other tools and tricks you can use to rank high in the search engines like google, bing, yahoo.
5 years ago if you ask me, she said “ are keywords important for SEO I would have answered yes they are. Today in 2019 it is not anymore. The internet revolved, and there are so many possibilities to get around it. ( well I wondered what they are ) unfortunately, she could not tell me …
What is your idea? Are Keywords important to SEO? I believe so, but if you have another method, please share with us until then I will use my jaaxy keyword tool and look for great keywords.
Try it out it is free the Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool.
All Yours Sylvia
Create your brand new free website in less than 90 seconds, with the SiteRubix website builder
What is the secret to the Law of Attraction? Manifestation Tricks for all the things you want in life.